6 eye care and eye wear innovations that will alter your view of vision benefits
- Accu-Fit Technology – reads the shape of your eyes and automatically recommends the best prescription
- Glasses.com – takes a 3D image of your face and allows you to look at up to four pairs of frames from every angle
- Onsite or pop-up clinics – setting up a store right in your office/plant, offering onsite exams; promotes both the importance of regular eye exams and your company’s wellness program
- “Healthy” wearable tech – your glasses will be your hub for your personal health and wellness providing you with your blood pressure blood sugar levels, etc… and automatically share the data with your doctor
- Smart Contacts – contact lenses that use tears to measure blood sugar levels for patients with diabetes (no more pricking your finger); for glaucoma patients lenses that measure intraocular pressure sending an alert to your smartphone that it’s time to administer eye drops
- Online Exams – emerging technology that allows for a refraction (used to determine the level of correction) to be tested online
Thank you Shauna Whittingham, Eyemed.
Employee Benefit Advisors provides employee benefits. We are a broker helping companies with their Health & Welfare Benefits. We also help companies revaluate PEO Services, deciding if a PEO is a good choice and if so selecting and implementing the PEO.
Leave a Reply