Symptoms people may experience:
1. runny nose (Not to be confused with allergies)
2. sore throat
3. cough (develop the habit of coughing into your sleeve or handkerchief – never your hand!)
5. tightening of chest / difficulty breathing (severe cases)
What can you do?
• Emergency Room – very expensive
• Urgent Care – less expensive than ER but more cost-effective options exist
• Primary Care Physician – generally a low flat copy; at most the contracted rate between the physician and insurance company
Because COVID-19 is highly contagious to prevent contaminating health care service workers, it is not recommended you go directly to the ER, UC or PCP.
• Telemedicine – no cost! – If you need emergency care or any additional care the doctor will advise you.
(According to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), Essential Health Benefits (EHB) coverage generally includes coverage for the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19.)
Employee Benefit Advisors provides employee benefits, tax-advantaged healthcare, compliance guidance for ACA and Health & Welfare DOL Audits, and PEO Advisory & Consulting Services.
Leave a Reply