About Michael Bauer
Financial/Operations Management Services
With over 30 years of experience, Michael has financial and operational management experience with both privately and publicly held companies. Skilled in understanding the needs of small business owners, he works with entrepreneurs and operational managers to identify opportunities to optimize growth and profits. In addition, he takes a hands-on approach, working across all functions to achieve results. In his work with privately held companies, Michael has extensive operational experience focused on identifying efficiencies and implementing metrics to improve an organization’s outcomes.
As a CFO, Michael has experience in a variety of industries with an emphasis in the manufacturing, distribution, electronics, and service sectors. He has been responsible for a variety of functions including accounting, finance, human capital, information technology and purchasing, to name a few. He has also had significant first-hand experience with:
- Financial analysis: including analyzing and interpreting financial results, isolating adverse financial and operational factors and developing corrective action plans, implementing necessary policies and procedures.
- Business Negotiation: including acquisition agreements (both buy and sell side), new lending and debt refinancing agreements with banks and other lending institutions, consignment arrangements with a variety of suppliers.
- Accounting Systems: Evaluation, design, implementation and review of new general ledger systems and a variety of other applications.
- Strategic Planning: addressing areas such as financial projections and budgets, succession planning for closely held businesses, and disaster recovery plans.
- Strategic Review: of logistics distribution, lean manufacturing processes, and operational improvement strategies.
Michael is a Certified Public Accountant and holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance and a Masters in Business Administration, both from the University of Florida.